Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ginger seems to be more sensitive to the heat than the other goats. Sometimes I notice that she is panting on a warm day, when the others are not. She is always the first one to begin panting; then Clover. The Nubians, I've never seen pant. I got some advice after posting a question on one of my favorite goat message boards, Homesteading Today (they have a separate goat subject forum), and there are some people who hose down their panting goats on a warm day to cool them off. So I tried that. Ginger was not too cool about that at first, but then she seemed to warm up to the idea. She did stop panting after that, so that'll be my new response to a panting goat.


Yeah, she looks a little annoyed, but she's not panting.


Please, someone let me out. Some crazy lady keeps spraying me with a hose.

No comments: