Sunday, August 14, 2005

Working on a Plan

This is a photo of directly outside of the barn. There is a lot of mill junk and debris that was left by the previous owner. That is all really heavy stuff. I'm not sure what I can do with it other than try to load it on a truck and drive it to a dump. Now all I have to do is buy a truck. And find a dump. I was able to do a bit more clearing out of the goat barn today. The mound of lumber is really overwhelming when I look at it.
It seems that after ten minutes of working in the mill, one of the boys is screaming for me. Asa always comes out with me, and then wanders back to the house after a short while. Then shouts for me soon thereafter. Then I have to go to the house, and usually am not able to get back out again the same day.
I came across some scraps of really old lumber that I can maybe make signs or other artwork out of. Same with lots of the mill parts. Found objects art. I am making a pile out of things that I can make art from on those days when I have some time.
I went to some good yard sales on Saturday. Found a wicker loveseat and matching table for a good price. John and I exchanged some furniture between the mill and the house. We are making progress with the living room. It is about three quarters of the way done. Once the house is done, I can put more focus on the barn and the pasture.

No comments: