Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My Ginger is Back

On Sunday, I went to retrieve Ginger from her Love Shack in Maryland. And whew! She smells like a buck! However, I have grown to like that smell; I never thought I would, but I do. It just smells like goat - and I love goats. So, it makes sense to me. The first day back, she seemed kinda quiet and confused. I am imagining that she misses her fella, Wind. But, she's back and I'm thrilled that she may be carrying a happy little bundle in her belly.


I envisioned that when Ginger was led into their yard, that the other goats would run up to her and give her goat hugs, and that Ginger would prance around with giddiness at the joy of returning to her family. That didn't happen. At first, they seemed to be blind to each other. Didn't even seem to notice each other's presence. Then after a minute or so, Ginger decided that she needed to reassert her position as Herd Queen, and started to kick some goat butt all over the place. If anyone got near her, she butted them really severely. Not just playing around either. She seemed genuinely pissed. She was downright mean! I felt sorry for Clover, who seemed to get the brunt of the aggression. But Clover stood up for herself and gave Ginger a taste of her own medicine.

Go Clover! Show Ginger that you are not going down without a fight!

Next day, thing were back to normal. No more fighting. Just the normal shoving around of Tulip and Juniper when they get near food that Ginger wants. It's good again.

No comments: